Chickpeas, or garbanzo beans, are a great source of plant-based protein along with fibre, iron, zinc, phosphorus, B vitamins and more. These legumes are a real super food. Chickpeas are very sustainable to grow: they act as a natural fertiliser and help to renew the nutritional powers of damaged soil. They also demand less water than some other popular crops such as cereal.
Chickpeas help improve digestion, regulate blood sugar and lower cholesterol levels. Try my PASTA & CECI recipe, a traditional Italian dish, super easy to make, and SUPER healthy.
- Cooked chickpeas (canned or fresh)
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic
- Sage, rosemary, pepper and a pinch of salt
- While you boil pasta, strain a can of chickpeas
- Stir fry in a pot with olive oil, rosemary sage and garlic
- Remove herbs and add some warm water
- Mix with a blender.
- Pour everything into a large pan and add cooked pasta (al dente!)
- Mix on medium fire
- Garnish with grated Parmesan cheese
- Serve with love!
- Ms Braghetta, Environmental Project Coordinator