COVID19 Quick Reference Guide
We have created this guide to address frequently asked questions that you may have relating to the school's COVID-19 health procedures and protocols. This guide also summarises the procedure to follow as regards absences for quarantine/self-isolation and non-COVID-19 related illnesses.
Please note that the school has created a dedicated email address for all COVID-19 related concerns or enquiries: email@example.com
This email will be monitored during business hours, Monday to Friday, 08.30 to 17.00. Communications sent to this address outside business hours will receive a reply as soon as possible. For all other non COVID-19 related matters, please continue to use the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Kindly note that absences for family reasons must be communicated beforehand (see section on absences below).
NB: The school will continuously monitor and adapt health and safety procedures according to the latest guidelines issued by the competent national and international health authorities.
Senior Management Team
Rome International School
- How and when should I contact the School to report a COVID-19 suspected or positive case?
- Who is the school’s COVID-19 Safety Officer?
- What symptoms are considered to be compatible with COVID-19?
- My son/daughter regularly suffers from a symptom listed as being compatible with COVID-19. What do I need to do?
- What do I need to do if my child feels unwell at home?
- What happens if my child feels unwell at school and is considered as showing symptoms of COVID-19?
- What happens if there is a suspected COVID-19 case in school?
- Why have I received a notification from the school that my son/daughter’s class been ‘temporarily closed’?
- Why have I been asked to pick up my son/daughter from school?
- My son/daughter has been requested (through the school) to undertake a swab test at an ASL testing facility. What do I need to do?
- A member of my household has been prescribed a diagnostic test. Can I send my child to school?
- What happens if my son/daughter receives a positive diagnostic test?
- What happens if my son/daughter receives a negative swab test result?
- What happens if there is a positive COVID-19 case in my household?
- What is the definition of close contact?
- What if I don’t have a Family Doctor / Pediatrician in Rome/Italy?
- When is self-certification valid?
- How is the self-isolation of close contacts and the closure of a section or of the entire school decided?
Kindly note that absences for family reasons must be communicated beforehand.