The admission of students is conditional upon our satisfactory appraisal that the school can offer a valuable educational experience for each child.
Criteria that will be taken into account for admission are:
- families who respect the philosophy of the school
- students applying to the Middle and High School are expected to sit and pass entrance exams in Mathematics and English
- students wishing to sit the licenza media or receive an equivalenza to the Maturità must demonstrate continuity of education at their previous school
- previous school experience and performance
- the ability to work in the English language or to benefit from our instruction
- in the case of the High School, the student has a realistic expectation of passing the external IGCSE and IB Diploma examinations
Placement in a particular grade is dependent on:
- the age of the student
- reports from the previous school
- consultation with parents
- an interview with the pupil and tests (testing is needed for access to all grades in secondary)
- a recommendation from the student’s former school
Students at Rome International School are placed into a class depending on their age on the 30th of September*, since the school admission year runs from September to August and not from January to December.
* For the 2017/18 academic year from 8 January 2018, enrolments will be accepted into Nursery for children who turned two years of age in October, November and December 2017. Contact our Admissions Office for more information on these special conditions by writing to: email@example.com or calling +39 06 84482658.
If you are interested in enrolling your child at Rome International School, the first step is to complete and submit the admissions form. The school will then contact you with more information on how to take your child’s application forward.
Kindly note that you must visit the admissions office to complete the procedure by providing signatures . You will be notified of the outcome of your application within 7 working days. Naturally, any payment presented at the time of application will be refunded should your application not be accepted by the school.
If you would like to enrol your child(ren) we ask that you submit the following:
- Completed Application for Admission, signed by parent or guardian and with one photograph of the applicant attached. Please note the application form can be downloaded and filled in by hand from the school website, or you may also submit the form online (see how to apply section);
- Copy of applicant’s birth certificate;
- Copy of applicant’s passport;
- Medical Information Form, to be completed and signed by the applicant’s parent or guardian;
- Complete official school reports for the past two years. If these records are not in English, an official English translation must also be submitted (not required for applicants under 5 years old);
- Recommendation forms (Grades 7 to 13) should be sent directly from the school currently attending.
Once the school receives all of the above documentation, the school’s Senior Management Team will review the enrolment application. The outcome of applications will be communicated within 7 working days of it being submitted (obviously the school will return any sums paid at the time of making the application if it is not accepted.)